I’m now on my twenty-ish and since then, I always get this feeling of not being able to accomplish anything and fear that I will not live my life to the fullest. So now, I’m gonna list the things I ought to do on my post-teen self life and crossing my fingers that I will be able to tick all these off the list. Let’s start:
1. To graduate and be an Engineer. I’m on my fifth year and an aspiring graduate of Batch 2017! *crossing fingers* Though as I’ve said in this post that I’ll be extended til summer, it’s okay, c’est la vie. I can still take the board on October (Cheer up!) Praying and thanking God for taking me this far.
2. Get a job I love. I am always blessed to have workmates who treat me as a family. That might be the reason why life at work is never really a burden for me. And when time comes that I’ll be a full pledge worker, I pray that I’ll have a job I will be passionate about and workmates I can kick ass with.
3. Have a place called home. This is my ultimate goal before I hit 30 — to build a home together with my Mama, sisters and nieces. We really don’t care if it is just a bungalow type of house (though I wanted a mansion for them), as long as we’re together, we know we couldn’t be any happier.
4. Be financially responsible. It’s somethings that I’ve been really having a hard time doing since I started working. I always get frustrated whenever I received my ITR cause I always end up wondering, “Where the heck these money goes through out the year?”.
5. To travel abroad. It’s always on my dreams, plans rather, to travel the world. Some may wanna travel alone but I want to travel with someone, as always. Not because I’m afraid of the possibility of getting lost (cause it’s nice to be lost sometimes), but I had this mindset that it is happier and memorable when you travel with somebody — family, friends or Jay.
6. Have a business. Ironically speaking, although I suck at handling money, I always wanted to have a business. I’m a great believer that having a business have more opportunity to make money than employed individuals do. On top of that, and the best thing for me is, you have the luxury of time! No rushing, no deadlines!
7. Stick to a healthy lifestyle. This is something my body is proactively screaming about. My super busy life leads me to a very unhealthy routine everyday: no sleep, heavy stress, more processed foods. I wanted to go to a gym (or at least, do some jogging every morning) and eat a lot of veggies. But don’t get me wrong, I still super go for buffets and eat like a man!
8. Inked. I have one in mind since last year but I promise myself to have it after graduation. Its a sign I asked God when I felt like giving up. Symbolizes God’s promise in my life.
9. Volunteer for a cause. Either I’m just helping in packing relief goods or cooking food for the homeless, it is something I wanna do in the future. And that isn’t just a one-time thing for me, it’s what I intend to do until I still can. As the saying goes, the secret to happiness is helping others.
10. Learn how to bake. I had this crazy cravings for cakes and all other pastries and I think it will be amazing that I can just do it my own. Good luck to my healthy lifestyle goal, though.
11. Have a car and learn how to drive. I wanted to bring my family to places. A lot of places. I also wanted to get lost with Jay and experience the joyride feels with loud music and hands outside the window.
12. Send my younger sisters to school. I promised to my parents that we are going to finish college and there’s no reason I will not do that for myself and for my sisters. As the eldest, I’m taking this as my responsibility and will work hard to provide everything they need no matter what it takes. I will.
13. Be adventurous. Now, this might sound like #3 but it’s not. I’ve always been someone who values leisurely activities like movie marathons, walks, food trips. In short, things that I wouldn’t have to break a sweat doing. But that’s just the other side of me, maybe the reason why I do it more right now is because I’m craving some body rest. But once everything is settled, I wanted to try hiking, bungee jumping, snorkeling, parasailing, and surfing.
14. Finish a series. I have never finished a TV series, ever. I keep on watching new ones and never finishing them for some reasons. Though most of the series I’m watching are still ongoing, I have F.R.I.E.N.D.S, How I Met Your Mother and Breaking Bad piled up that were just open once and none at all. I also tried watching the first two episodes of Descendants of the Sun which makes me wanna fly to Korea and bring home Big Boss A S A P!
15. Attend a festival. I have never experienced a festival in the Philippines. We have fiesta in town but it’s not as marvelous as others have. So, I’m making it a point to go to at least one festival and I’m thinking of Sinulog, Maskara, Pahiyas, Higantes or Ati-atihan.
16. Read 12 books in a year. I wanted to at least finish a book per month. I know that is such a noob way but I run out of books to read and I can’t afford to buy as many as I want yet. Though it would be practical to just download e-books online, I still go for the printed ones.
17. Donate blood. Two of the fears I have in my life were needles and stitches. But whenever there is a blood letting activity at TUP before, I always insist to donate but it always turns out that I am underweight. I wanted to do that to conquer my fear and help people. Maybe it’s not yet time. I shall keep trying.
18. Go to a concert. Coldplay will be throwing a concert next year and no matter how much I wanted to be there, funds is going crazy. So, I’ll just save this up for other concerts I wish to attend like Maroon 5 (Adam!), Paramore, Ed Sheeran, John Mayer and Jason Mraz. Maybe not in the Philippines but hopefully, in other parts of the world. Traveling and Concert-ing (what?) at the same time!
19. Be more confident. I haven’t always been a confident person. I always think that there is something wrong with me and that people will judge me. I wanted to dress up in my unusual way, walk without turning heads to someone I find better than me and do things without having to please anyone but me. I know deep in myself that I can conquer it, I just have to learn it little by little.
20. Maintain good relationships. I have the best relationship with my Mama, sisters and nieces, with Jay and his family, and a few real friends that I know will always be there. I vow to take good care of them and maintain what we have right now. Though change is inevitable, I promise to keep what I have for you guys throughout the coming years.
Woah! I still have eight years to do these things, ryt? I hope I become a better woman than I am now.